Sunday, January 14, 2007

A New Year


I haven't posted much on my blog recently, and there are a few reasons for that.

First, I had some computer issues at the end of the year last year. I now have a new computer, and I have switched from Windows to Mac. The new computer is yet another example of God fulfilling a need during my seminary experience. I am now up and running on the new laptop.

Secondly, Gay and I went back to Tampa for Christmas. (Winston-Salem is now home.) We enjoyed getting to visit with friends and family back in Tampa. We especially enjoyed visiting our friends and colleagues at the new church start Logos Dei, but it was difficult not to be able to visit our old home church and the people we love there. We also spent some time with Gay's family in Columbus, GA. One of the highlights of that trip was a visit to Andersonville, the Confederate Civil War prisoner of war camp in nearby Americus, GA.

I start back to school on Wednesday. I will be taking Theology II, New Testament II, Art of Ministry (internship) IIb, Homiletics and Worship, and Preaching the Death of Jesus with Dr. Fred Craddock. It should be a great semester.

Gay and I are still doing great. We knew when we started this journey that it would not always be easy. We appreciate the prayers and support of our friends and family, and ask that they continue as we start the second half of this journey. God has been faithful, and we know that will continue. There have been some good things happening in the Baptist world, and I hope to post a little more about this in the coming week.

No comments: