Monday, August 22, 2005

Divinity School Orientation


After the first day of orientation, most of what we have covered has been organizational and practical matters such as student health care, parking, library, etc. Writing about that would be exceptionally boring, so I am not going to do it.

I registered for classes today, so I will give you an idea of what my schedule is like.

Old Testament Interpretation 1: Mondays and Wednesdays 2:30-3:45
History of Christianity 1: Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:30-2:45
Art of Ministry 1: Tuesdays 9:30-10:45 and Thursdays at 11
Church and State in America: Tuesday Nights 6:30-9pm
Congregational Health: Thursdays (will start sometime after 3pm)

Church and State in America includes a trip to Washington October 13-16, and the class ends after that. Congregational Health will end about that time as well. This means I will be taking 13 hours this semester. 15 hours per semester are required to graduate, but I plan to enroll in a CPE program this summer which will make up for the hours I am missing.

Classes will start on Wednesday, and I am looking forward to it.

We are still trying to get moved into the condo. We like where we live, we just wish the boxes could magically unpack themselves. I haven't been able to help much because I have been at school most of the time, but Gay has done a great job. We will be mailing out some postcards with our new address on them shortly, so be looking for them in your mail.

No comments: