Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Ethics Daily Article on Southern Seminary "Biblical Counseling"

A few weeks ago I wrote an entry about Southern Baptist Theological Seminary's change from a pastoral care program to a "Biblical Counseling" program. You can find my post by clicking here.

There is a great article on Ethics Daily.com about it today. You can read that article by clicking here.

There is one particular quote in this article that I found particularly relevant to the discussions going on here right now:

Critics of the new trend toward biblical counseling say that by elevating the Bible as the sole source of God’s revelation, the movement fails to acknowledge that there are other sources of truth, such as science, reason and conscience.

This is one of the points I have been trying to get across in my recent postings. I know there are people who are going to disagree with this, and that is fine. I believe the Bible is the basis of Christianity, but I do not think it is the only way God reveals himself to us. After all, I have heard him speaking to me, so I know he is speaking to others.

No comments: