Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas


Moravian Love Feast in Wait Chapel at Wake Forest

Merry Christmas!

We just finished the Christmas Eve services at Bayshore, and they were beautiful. This marked one year since the sermon that convinced me that I was being called into ministry.

The advent theme this year at Bayshore is "Fear Not." And, I have to admit that I have been a little bit scared since I was accepted at Wake Forest. That acceptance all of sudden made things very real. I now know that next August, Gay and I will be moving to Winston-Salem, NC. I wonder if I can do the college thing for 3 years. Wake Forest is probably one of the most academically challenging programs out there, and I wonder if I can do it. Can I learn Greek and Hebrew? I know for a fact that I can do it, but it can still be very frightening at times.

I am thrilled that I was accepted at Wake Forest, and I am looking forward to studying there. I know God is going to be with me throughout the whole experience, and I also know that most things worth having require a lot of hard work. But, I don't think I could do it without Gay. She has been so supportive throughout this whole thing. I've said it before, and I will say it again, I am very lucky to have her. I think she is one of the reasons I wasn't called into the ministry earlier; I was on the track I was on so that I could meet this amazing woman.

The night was also a little bittersweet for me, because these were the last Christmas Eve services I will work at Bayshore. I have always enjoyed working these services, and I love the people at Bayshore. Although I will go to Bayshore for Christmas Eve services in the future, it won't be the same. But, the time has come to move on, and I accept that.

Merry Christmas, and thanks again for all of your prayers and support.

No comments: