Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Seminary Trip Conclusion

I'm sorry it has taken me a couple of days to write a conclusion for our seminary visits, but Gay and I have both been really busy getting back into the swing of things.

First, I want to thank everyone who prayed for us during our travels. The trip was very safe and productive. We ask for your continued prayers as we wait for word from the various schools, and try to determine where God wants us to be.

And now for the question everyone is asking: What did you decide? Gay and I both feel that The Divinity School at Wake Forest University is our first choice, and Brite Divinity School at TCU is a very, very close second. The only thing I didn't like about Brite was that I was unable to find a local CBF church with a contemporary worship service, but I already know of at least one CBF church with at Wake Forest with a contemporary service.

We were impressed with the faculty at both institutions; both were very open about their strengths and weaknesses. We talked several students at both institutions, and all thought they were receiving an excellent education. Most importantly, we both feel a huge sense of peace about both schools. We both think we will be happy either at Brite or Wake Forest.

Wake Forest has some excellent financial aid programs. I have started the application process for the Wait Fellowship, which would pay for tuition, books, fees, and includes a living stipend.

My application is complete at both institutions, and they will both start considering applications in late November or early December.

I ask for your continued prayers for guidance on this journey. Pray for the financial aid process at both schools. And finally, continue to pray for Gay and I, although we know this is God's will for our lives, that doesn't mean it is easy.

I found the following scripture very appropriate for the current situation:

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not calamity to give you a future and a hope! --Jeremiah 29:11

Keep watching this blog for updates. I am also going to pick up where I left off before we left and talk more about my experiences over the past year and a half.

No comments: