Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Campbell University Divinity School Visit

Sorry, no pictures. We forgot to take the camera with us!

Gay and I visited Campbell University Divinity School today. The school is located in the tiny town of Buies Creek, NC, which is about 30 miles outside of Raleigh. Fortunately, I have a lot of family in this area. My mother's father grew up only a few miles from Campbell.

I was hoping I would finish this trip with everything being crystal clear, and that may still happen. Gay and I were both very impressed with the people we met at Campbell and with the programs they offer.

We had the opportunity to meet with a lot of the faculty and staff. We had lunch with the admissions director, the church relations director, and the professor of preaching, Dr. Roy DeBrand. We also talked to several other professors and the dean over the course of our tour. They said they have more church positions for students than they have students to fill them, so getting ministry experience in a nearby church should not be difficult. They have some inexpensive student housing, and we also looked at some other housing in the area that was not very expensive. We spent time talking about financial aid, and the admissions director thought I was a great candidate for the CBF Leadership scholarship, which is something I have been interested in at each of the schools we have visited so far.

I need some time to process everything I have seen and heard so far, so I will write some more about my experience later.

No comments: